Yes, this is my 5th commblog post and not merely a part of my SULIT banner contest entry promotions (well, yes, sort of. :] ).
SULIT surely knows how to exhaust the potentials of new social media.
They just launched a promo, a banner contest in line with the celebration of their 4th anniversary as well as to promote their new slogan, “Buy it. Sell it. SULIT.” This promo was promoted on their website (http://sulit.com.ph) and solely online. And not surprisingly, the news is spreading like wildfire also because of the mechanics of the contest which serves as a double purpose.
These are the mechanics of the contest:
HOW TO JOIN (3 steps):
1. Create a banner creatively displaying and depicting the new tagline of Sulit.com.ph:“Buy It. Sell It. Sulit.”Take into consideration the following technical specifications:
- File formats allowed: .jpg, .bmp, .png
- File size: Not more than 10MB
- Allowed dimensions (any):
– 300 x 250 pixels (Medium Rectangle)
– 728 x 90 pixels (Leaderboard)
– 468 x 60 – (Full Banner)
- Resolution: at least 72dpiNOTE: A PSD file of the official Sulit.com.ph logo is available below. Should you need to use it for your banner, simply click on either of the links below to download:– Sulit.com.ph Logo PSD Format
– Sulit.com.ph Logo in JPG and PSD Format (.zip)
2. Post the photo you created on your blog (outside Sulit.com.ph) and link it to http://www.sulit.com.ph . As a caption, include the following content below the banner:
Sulit.com.ph is the leading buy and sell website in the Philippines. Post advertisements or find great deals at Sulit.com.ph.
NOTE: Create a catchy and creative title for the blog post. If you wish to write a short description or story behind your photo, you may do so.
3. Once published, submit the URL of your photo blog post through any of the following means:
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post a reply to this forum announcement
Include your complete name, Sulit username, email address, and contact numbers.
NOTE: You will NOT submit the photo. You will post it on your blogs, and you will submit the URL of the blog post where it can be seen.
and for an entry to win as People’s choice, (where in the winner gets to own a Blackberry Curve, neat!), his/her entry should be posted and re-posted by other people on different websites as a blog, uploading it as a photo or in an album won’t count. 1 unique website is equal to 1 entry.
What a smart idea SULIT had, they won’t even need to promote this themselves because the contestants will just do it for them. Brilliant. Although the mechanics for re-posting is kind of exhaustive and will really need a whole lot of convincing powers.
I hope that in the future, other companies, brands as well who are not yet embracing the new social media, discover this potential and like SULIT, get more, for less.